Vintech Pacific were once again sponsors of the Bayley’s Hawkes Bay Wine Awards in 2019. We continued our involvement this year, sponsoring the Champion Commercial White Wine Trophy.
The trophy was awarded to Church Road Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2018, the fruit for which was handpicked from two low-cropping vineyards, Tuki Tuki and Terraces, both in the Tuki Tuki Valley.
There could hardly have been a more deserving winner, as this wine was the first ever, in the 19-year history of the show, to win multiple accolades. Remarkably, Church Road Grand Reserve Chardonnay 2018 was awarded four trophies…
- Champion Wine of Show
- Vintech Pacific Wine Technologies Champion Commercial White Wine
- NZ Frost Fans Champion Export Wine
- ATI Engineering Chardonnay
Chairman of Judges, Rod Easthope, described the winning wine as having “power, intensity, rich fruit, yet tempered by balance and beguiling length of flavour”.
“This chardonnay will grace the finest wine lists and cellars and will please the world’s most discerning palates,” he said.
No doubt, Church Road’s trophy cabinet will be groaning under the weight of this wine’s recent wins, which now also include…
- White Wine of the Show – Six Nations Wine Challenge 2019
- Champion Chardonnay – Six Nations Wine Challenge 2019
- Mission Hill Champion Chardonnay – NZ International Wine Show 2019
To follow the success of Hawke’s Bay Wines, visit the HB Wine Awards Facebook page: please click here…