Fungal Chitosan – Alternative to SO2 usage.
Microstab Protect is a specific preparation, which combines antimicrobial, antioxidant and oxidation protection properties and as a result, it is an effective tool to reduce levels of sulfur dioxide during winemaking.
- Substantially reduces or eliminates Brettanomyces populations, decreasing the risk of alterations due to the presence of spoilage yeasts.
- Effectively decreases populations of lactic bacteria. As with any other antimicrobial effect, the reduction of populations depends on the initial microbiological load.
- Antioxidant effect and oxidation protector. The natural antioxidant effect protects the aromatic fraction and limits the browning of the wines.
- Inactivates oxidation catalysts. Reduces the activity of oxidase enzymes, which are responsible for the oxidation of phenols.
- Reduces metal content (Fe & Cu).